Covid-19 and how it affects our practice and procedures
IMPORTANT INFORMATION - WE AT THE WELLS PRACTICE TAKE YOUR HEALTH VERY SERIOUSLY.
As everyone appreciates, these are difficult times but our aim is to provide the level of care that our patients have grown to expect and to rely on. This will demand changes in our interactions and the logistics of appointments. We hope you understand that everything we do and ask you to do will be to reduce any possible risk of infection thereby keeping both Practitioner and Patients safe so please don't be offended. These details are subject to change so please check back.
IF YOU FEEL IN THE SLIGHTEST BIT UNWELL WITH A TEMPERATURE OR ANY SYMPTOMS THAT COULD BE COVID RELATED, DO NOT MAKE AN APPOINTMENT. IF YOU HAVE AN APPOINTMENT PLEASE CALL AND CANCEL EVEN IF ITS LAST MINUTE. THIS IS CRUCIALLY IMPORTANT.
Detailed information will be displayed at the entrance regarding procedure.
1. Our working hours are changing and there will be less appointments available during the week.
2. Our appointment times will be different during this time to allow for us to adequately clean the room between patients.
3. For the time being there will be no one managing reception, thereby reducing contact on the premises. This will mean that the phone won't be answered and you will need to leave a message and your call will be returned. Please speak slowly when leaving phone numbers. We appreciate your patience.
4. Where possible, please come on your own and bring as few belongings as possible.
5. There will generally only be one Osteopath working so you are unlikely to come into contact with anyone else, unless you arrive early. In which case take a seat on the sofa. Magazines have temporarily been removed,
6. If you come by car you can use your car as the waiting room if you prefer. Let the Osteopath know in advance and we will alert you when you can enter. If the weather is fine please feel free to wait outside.
7. On arrival, please buzz the door to be let in. There will be information on the door.
8. Wash your hands on arrival or use the hand sanitiser on the desk.
9: When you arrive you should be wearing a mask or suitable face covering. If you do not have a mask you will be asked to buy one from us at £1. If you feel unable to adhere to these requirements for whatever reason then we will not be able to see you on a face to face basis. We would in this circumstance offer you a teleconsultation.
10. Your Osteopath will most probably look very different to when you last saw them. We will be most likely to be wearing:
A Face mask (which for hygiene reasons has to stay on the whole time), an Apron, Gloves and Face Shield
All this “KIT” is as much for your protection as the patient as it is for ours. It's still us underneath!!
Payment will ideally be contactless. Please no cheques for the time being.
Steps we are taking to reduce the spread of the Covid19 virus: Further details will be available on arrival
-All patients and visitors are required to wash or sanitize their hands on arrival.
-All hard surfaces are cleaned regularly with antibacterial spray or wipes. These include door handles and entrance buzzer, reception desk and chair arms. Credit card machine. The bathroom.
-In the treatment room couch covers have been removed and pillows are now wipeable. All surfaces will be cleaned between patients.
-All practitioners will wash their hands fully between patients.
All practitioners are being hyper vigilant for potential routes of infection and compromise and will remove themselves from practice if they feel even the smallest possibility of infection has occurred.
We ask that all patients keep us updated on their health situation should their infection status change within 14 days of visiting us.